Ok, remember you heard it here first. Pop up is over, its all about swapping !!
Tuning into our make do and mend mentality, we have decided instead of going shopping, we are now going swishing.
Actually we have been attending clothes swap parties for some time now. They are a great way to get rid of your old stuff and pick up a few new bits, without a single penny changing hands.
It's ethical shopping at its best and its actually really good fun. You can do it with a groups of friends or try it out this weekend at the Knitting and stitching show at Alexandra Palace. Mr and Mrs Bears organise make do and mend and swapping events in North and East London and are holding a Swishing Salon on Saturday at the show. The only rules are:
- Everything should be cleaned, labeled with a size guide and ready to swap
- Clothes should be dropped off between 10 am and 12 am.
- Bring up to five items to swap for the same number
- Swishing costs £5 and proceeds are donated the Bliss (special care baby charity) under 18's are free.
- If you don't have anything to swap, you can take part for £15 and select up to two items.
So why not give it a go and let us know how you get on!
If you don't fancy clothes swapping what about shop swapping (try saying that after a couple of drinks!)
'Wish You Were Here' is a collaboration/swap between thirty independent small shops in the Lower east side, NYC and the Newburgh Quarter in London.
Until November the 1st you can try out the edgy, fun fashion and lifestyle stores of down town Manhattan and experience a slice of life in the big Apple in central London. There will be a guerrilla street fashion show, a Lower East side Block party and a Halloween party to close the event.
We love the idea of swapping, anyone want a husband and two kids for a Mui Mui bag?