So here we are at the cusp of autumn, next bank holiday not until Christmas, it’s depressing coming back from holiday isn’t it? Well here at TWR we thought we might try and cheer up those post holidays blues, not JUST with news that we are holding our very first Salon, but with a chance to win a new handbag from the recently launched Village England collection. You’re very welcome.
Village England’s first range has been bought by Kate Evans at Precious London, one of our favourite independent boutiques and she’s offered TWR readers the chance to win a bag to help spread the word about the brand. Kate has a great eye for a new range, she was womenswear buyer at Harrods and Harvey Nichols originally, introduced me to Tucker and was raving about Carven long before the current crop of mag journos started saying it was hot, so we pay attention to her. She likes the experienced team behind the Village England brand, founders Eddie Knevett and Julia Dobson have both been in luxury fashion for 30 years between them, and the emphasis on a quality product teamed with not-stupid prices.
Also the shapes are great, Kate’s been using her Appleton bag -the one you can win – in tough-but soft calfskin leather and loves it, She told us “The Appleton is the lovely bag in the picture on the bicycle, above. I’ve been using it now for a couple of weeks and it’s a great bag to use, extremely comfortable and I can find things inside! Love the ipad pocket. Even though I load things in and it can get heavy it doesn’t feel heavy on my shoulder.” it’s £395 if you want to buy it, but hey, why not try winning it first!
Here’s where you enter ….
Sadly I can’t enter the competition, so I’ve been perusing the other styles Kate has in stock on the precious website. I’m very taken with the black patent styles, both the Alderley Edge strap tote at £295 and the Shaldon strap cross body bag at £135 (all the bags are named after English Villages). The Flitton Strrup tote, below, at £295 looks useful too.
There’s nothing like a new handbag to lift the spirits, particularly if you win it for free, so do enter and we wish you luck. For anyone in the Spitalfields ares of London on Wednesday evening, Kate’s hosting an evening in the store (5.00pm – 8.00pm) where you can meet Eddie and Julia, the founders of Village England and receive an additional 10% off any of the bag styles.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, simply register on Precious-London.com. The prize draw will be open for entry from Tuesday 2nd September until midnight on Saturday 15th August 2013 (UK Summer Time).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This prize draw is open to everyone aged 18 years or over, except employees of Precious, Village England or The Womens Room Blog.
- Entries must be submitted via www.Precious-london.com and entry is restricted to one per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not properly received due to communications beyond our control.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw.
- In taking part in the prize draw, the entrant is agreeing to be available for any post-promotional activities related to PRECIOUS, Village England or The Womens Room Blog should they win the prize.
- The winners will be drawn at random by PRECIOUS from all entries received by the closing date. All entries must be received by midnight on September 15th 2013 (UK Summer Time). Entrants from overseas must note that the UK Summer Time may not be the same as their local time
- The winner will be notified by email by September 20th 2013. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to the prize.
- Once the prize details have been agreed, the prize will be sent out to the winner by the next business day within the United Kingdom. If the winner resides outside the United Kingdom, the prize will be delivered to the winner according to the delivery times as specified on Precious-London.com in the Shipping & Returns section. Please note extended delivery times also apply to residents of the Channel Islands, Scottish Highlands and the Isle of Man.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- In the event where it is necessary to supply a substitute garment(s) e.g. where the requested item or size is not available, PRECIOUS reserves the right to charge the winner any additional amount of the alternative item(s) that exceeds the value of the prize item(s) originally offered.
- Details of the winner can be obtained by contacting PRECIOUS and Village England within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
- In the unlikely event of unforeseen circumstances, PRECIOUS and Village England reserve the right to suspend or cancel the prize draw if it is reasonable to do so. Entrants will be notified if there is a suspension or cancellation. PRECIOUS and Village England will retain any acquired data and re-enter entrants in any subsequent prize draw unless entrants request otherwise when notified. On receipt of an entry, the entrant is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them
- All data acquired from the prize draw will be owned by PRECIOUS, Village England and The Womens Room Blog.
Exchanges: Please note that PRECIOUS can only offer size exchanges or exchanges where any item(s) is/are defective or arrive in a damaged condition. To request an exchange, the winner must notify PRECIOUS within 7 days of receiving the items. Goods must be returned to PRECIOUS, 16 Artillery Passage, London E1 7LJ, United Kingdom within 7 days of the exchange request. Please note that the item(s) must be returned via a tracked courier service and this will be at the sender’s expense except in the case of returns on account of defective or damaged items. All items remain the liability of the winner until received by PRECIOUS.