I’ve been hot, bothered and a little bit stressed this week as London reached a revolting 33 degrees. Yes it may be lovely if you are by a pool, or live on the coast, but trust me, the 149 bus on Kingsland Road is not the place to be if you are also having extreme hot flushes! Add in not sleeping (for about the last 20 years!) and I have been fantasising on an almost hourly basis about A. Living in Margate full time (not going to happen) and B. Having a holiday.
Getting away from it all and having a digital detox is increasingly a ‘thing’ as we are all far too attached to our smart phones for our own good and switching off from work and constant information overload is nigh on impossible.
Reading my friend Rohini’s blog The Beat My Heart Skipped I came across the perfect solution to our always ‘on’ lives – Sisterhood Camp. Just the name is enough to get me hooked – well maybe not the camp bit – but Sisterhood, what’s not to like?
Set up by creative Lou Archell, the camps provide biannual retreats, small intimate workshops and suppers for women and aim to embrace a slower, more gentler pace of life through creativity, connection, fireside chats and sisterly support.
The next event is in Wales from the 22nd of June to the 25th and costs from £560.00 and includes:
- Instagram story telling with Sara Tasker
- Mindfulness with Sas Petherick
- Morning Yoga with Melanie Barnes
- Ceramics with Amanda Banham
- Fire side book club with Laura Pashby
- Wild Swimming with Flora Jamieson
- Preserves with Lillie O’Brien
- Kokedama with Emma Rice
- Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture with Gemma David
- Wooden loom building with Karen Baldry
- Book talk and demonstration by TOAST founder Jessica Seaton
It sounds idyllic and I will definitely be trying to find the time to find the time to sign up for the one day Harvest and Slow Living workshop in September. Anyone fancy joining me?