My lovely friend Ashlyn Gibson is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to getting things done and bringing interesting people together. She also happens to have one of the loveliest , most stylish homes – so stylish in fact, it’s also used as an events space and a location for shoots.
Over the next few months Ashlyn will team up with Nutritional Therapist Jodie Abrahams to host three events focusing on the role of food and lifestyle practices in women’s health and wellbeing.
The first on the 22nd of March will focus on Managing the Physical Effects of Stress. The two hour session will look at how to help your body to manage the effects of stress – from supporting better sleep to maintaining healthy immune and digestive systems.
The two hour session will include a talk and Q&A session covering:
- how certain foods and nutrients affect the body’s ability to cope with stress
- lifestyle adaptations that can reduce the impact of stress on the body
- practical relaxation techniques and lifestyle tools that nurture the nervous system.
Nutrition and Lifestyle for Healthy Ageing will look at how we can support a more healthy ageing process through the nutrition and lifestyle choices we make.
This two hour talk and Q&A session will include the nutrition and lifestyle principles that support a healthy ageing process, covering:
- nutrition and lifestyle practices to support healthy cognitive and physical ageing
- the basis of an anti-inflammatory diet and its benefits
- ways to optimise your absorption of nutrients from the food you eat
And finally Menopause and Beyond will focus on setting the foundations and maintaining equilibrium for a healthier, less symptomatic menopause and life beyond it.
Much focus is placed on menopause itself as a stage in a woman’s life, but understanding how to support your body for a healthy, energetic and vital life beyond the transition is something that’s often neglected.
This session will include a talk and Q&A session, covering nutrition and lifestyle principles to:
- support the body to adapt to hormonal changes during and after menopause
- help manage the effects of stress on the body
- support healthy liver function and digestion
All the sessions will include healthy whole-food canapés and non-alcoholic drinks from Lurvill’s Delight.
Tickets can be purchased individually at £45 each, or buy all three in the series with a 20% discount for £108 (+ booking fee). And you get to see Ashlyn’s gorgeous Hackney home.
You can buy tickets here.